LPBS Student’s Commitment
- My Best Effort – I will always try my hardest. I will work, think, and behave in the best way I know how. I will follow directions and do everything my teachers ask me to do the first time that they ask me.
- Attendance and Timeliness – I will come to school every day on time (by 7:30 A.M.) and stay until 4:00 P.M. (or later if I attend tutoring). If I need to miss class, I will make up all missed assignments.
- Uniform – I will wear the Leadership uniform properly every day and follow the school dress code. I understand that I will not be allowed to attend class unless my uniform is perfect.
- Homework – I will complete all of my homework and reading every night. I will not offer excuses. I will seek the help I need to complete all my homework in a top-quality manner.
- Communication – I will raise my hand to ask for help if I do not understand something. I will make myself available to my teachers and parents about any concerns they might have.
- Responsibility – I will always tell the truth. If I make a mistake, I will tell the truth and accept responsibility for my actions.
Internet and Computer Use
The Leadership Prep computer network is provided for students to conduct research, complete assignments, and communicate with others. Access to network services is given to students who agree to act in a considerate and responsible manner. Parent permission is required! Access is a privilege — not a right. Access entails responsibility.
Students are responsible for good behavior using the computers just as they are in a classroom or school hallway. Computer network storage (hard drives and personal folders) may be treated like school lockers. Network administrators and teachers may review files and communications to maintain system integrity and ensure that users are using the system responsibly.
The following misuses of the computer system are not permitted:
- Sending and/or displaying hateful or pornographic messages or pictures
- Using abusive, threatening or inappropriate language
- Harassing, insulting or attacking others
- Engaging in or promoting violence
- Engaging in racial, gender, or other slurs
- Receiving or transmitting information pertaining to weapons, such as bombs, automatic weapons, illicit firearms or explosive devices
- Damaging technology equipment (computer systems, computer networks, TVs, VCRs, digital cameras, or scanners)
- Violating copyright laws (copy internet or other materials without permission)
- Using others' passwords
- Trespassing in other students and/or teachers' folders, work, or files
- Intentionally wasting limited resources
- Employing the computer network for commercial purposes
- Transmitting personal information without written parental consent
- Accessing areas considered borderline without written parental consent
- Hacking (attempt to gain unauthorized access to files, folders, and/or other systems)
All student internet usage is monitored and managed with our electonic monitoring systems.
Violations will result in loss of computer use as well as other disciplinary or legal action.